pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] moving on II

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] moving on II
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:42:30 +0000

Aloha,

> Start on ibiblio ASAP with the Eden engine/dataset and build a RDBMS
> agnostic python cgi ala 3) from August 11 post subject: 'platform
> revisited'.

So is this what people prefer?...

See the post I just put up about agreement and consensus.
I don't think your latest proposal was necessary, I think the decision was already made.

I do not support this option. Mainly because IMO the RDB model will not serve as well as the OO model, especially as we increase complexity. Also because of the slim to none likelihood of ever migrating to an object model once significant work in an RDB model has been done.

If we *are* using consensus, those are my statements against the above proposal for consideration by the group.

If we *are* using consensus, I do not block the above proposal.

If we *are* using consensus, I do urge you all to consider *why* you have chosen to not followe consensus process in the case of Lawrence's "NO and not blocking" to Chad's previous proposal.