pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Agreement, consensus

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Agreement, consensus
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:34:44 +0000

Aloha,

So:
-ZOPE/Ibiblio –
We almost had an agreement…almost!

I think we DO have an agreement, if we are actually going to follow rules of formal consensus.

To wit:

Afaik everyone but Lawrence said something between "OK, fine with me (grumble grumble)" to "yeah!! great idea!!" to Chad's proposal to start with Zope on Arashi and then work on making the move to ibiblio as resources are acquired to do so, via various options we might use to acquire those resources.

Lawrence said emphatically NO to that proposal.

Lawrence ALSO said he WOULD NOT BLOCK on any issue.

So we have everyone agreed except Lawrence, and Lawrence NOT blocking.

So that is a consensus decision in favor of Chad's previous "start with Zope/Arashi -----> ibiblio in in time" proposal.

So if we're *actually* using consensus I belive that decision is done. We get rolling with zope on arashi and work on moving to ibiblio in time.

If we're not actually using consensus then please let's quit pretending we are and using terms like 'consense' and 'block' and so on.

Lawrence said NO, and he also said he would not block, and that is his free choice. He could choose to block if he wanted and he has said he won't.

The "fine (grumble grumble)" to Chad's proposal I mention above was me, BTW.