nafex - Re: [NAFEX] How much should I thin fruit/flowers from a young Asianpersimmon?

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] How much should I thin fruit/flowers from a young Asianpersimmon?
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:10:30 -0400

"Betsy, Judging from one small tree grafted from scions that Lucky and
I are
convinced is kaki rather than American, there will be LOTS of blossoms
and
only a few fruit, so don't worry too much about the tree overdoing it.
got 4 fruit last year from a tree about the size of yours. You can
always
hand thin if you have to. Donna "

Thanks Donna,

Good to know. Should I thin maybe 1 fruit to a branch at this stage?

Betsy