nafex - Re: [NAFEX] honeybees

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] honeybees
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:47:13 -0500

We normally start seeing honeybees and other bees when the dandelions
start to blossom, but the first round of dandelions have gone to seed
and the ground is yellow from a second flush of blossoms, still no
bees--although my wife did see some tiny bees in the strawberry
blossoms. Our apple blossoms are probably just at their peak or
slightly past it now.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI