nafex - Re: [NAFEX] honeybees

  • From: Michael Richardson <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] honeybees
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 05:32:14 -0500

I've seen hundreds of honeybees, bumblebees and tons of small native bees
for the past month. I think my secret to attracting native bees early is
the thousands of crocuses (croci)that I've planted in the grass in the
orchard floor---they make a great show and draw in bees starting in April.

Steve Herje Lone rock, SW WI, where the last blooms on Sweet 16 have faded.