nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Yahoo groups listservs

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Yahoo groups listservs
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:35:45 -0500

On Feb 18, 2008, at 12:24 PM, William C. Garthright wrote:

I belong to 15 Yahoo groups, and don't get ads.

Same here. I was wondering about that. I don't get ads from any of my
Yahoo groups. Some people do?

I don't belong to Yahoo itself, but am a member of an email listserve hosted by Yahoo. Emails on that list come through with the text of the email on the left, and a band of ads (many of them advertising some feature of Yahoo itself) running on the right side of the email window. If they were all at the bottom, they'd be easy to ignore; but they're right next to the text, cramping the text into a narrow band and causing even short emails to show up as a long narrow column of short lines, and this is very annoying.

Maybe if I joined Yahoo I could set the info to not do this. But I don't want to join Yahoo, and behavior like this is one of the reasons.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly