nafex - [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver

  • From: "rooting" <rooting@hortus.com>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:57:01 -0500

Another consideration, boards allow you to look at a topic thread.
When seeking a topic thru the search element on the board you can go back to any prior postings and make comments. from current topics to very old ones.

With an e-mail list, if you missed a posting on a topic of interest you have two choices,
>forget it
>try to do a list search.
I doubt if many people use the list search to pick out all postings on a specific topic, it is just too difficult.

Also, boards can be set up by areas of interest.
If you want to view and contribute to 'prunus' or 'malus' the topics can be separated.

Regarding bandwidth, the boards are text friendly and have minimal download time even on ISP dial up service.

Yes, some people are lonely and want lots of e-mail.
I have a hard time separating the wheat from the chaff.