nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Yahoo groups listservs

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Yahoo groups listservs
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:52:05 -0800

On Feb 18, 2008, at 10:35 AM, Road's End Farm wrote:

On Feb 18, 2008, at 12:24 PM, William C. Garthright wrote:

I belong to 15 Yahoo groups, and don't get ads.

Same here. I was wondering about that. I don't get ads from any of my
Yahoo groups. Some people do?

I don't belong to Yahoo itself, but am a member of an email listserve hosted by Yahoo. Emails on that list come through with the text of the email on the left, and a band of ads (many of them advertising some feature of Yahoo itself) running on the right side of the email window.

Yes, you can change this behavior by choosing "Traditional Email" rather than "Fully-Featured".  As far as I know, if you're signed up for a Yahoo Group, you have the ability to visit the group's page on the web and change this setting yourself, even if you don't have a Yahoo ID.  However, if it turns out you *can't*, you can ask the group's moderator to change your setting for you.

I'm not wild about Yahoo, either, but until someone offers me a free mail listserver, I'm using them.

Megan Lynch

Berkeley, CA

NAFEX: I'm in USDA Zone 9b

Treadle On: My current wishlist is a Bronze Embossed White, Kenmore De Luxe 551Matching Cabinet Chair, Singer 500 carrying case, Necchi treadle cabinet, National Art Deco treadle cab, Kenmore Art Deco treadle cab