nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver

  • From: Karen Kellogg <garuda2@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:09:12 -0500

I like the mailing list too. I like the chatter coming to me, not me having to go find it. I can always google a topic for information, but what happens on this NAFEX list seems to me to be more of the kind of talk one would have over a backyard fence with a neighbor who also gardens or grows fruit trees.

The backyard 'over-the -fence' exchange is certainly archaic and antique, but it suits me just fine. If all this chatter goes to a bulletin board where I have to search out various threads and try to remember what I was interested in and where it was, searchable or not, I would not be bothered to do it.

Send it to my in box and I read some, scan through some, save some, delete some. What I end up with is the lore of the members in my own useful format: a folder, a note on an index card, a printout.

Up to date? No. But I prefer it.