nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver

  • From: Rosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:49:26 -0500

Here is a vote against the constant emails. Once a day would be okay, or a reminder email weekly, but it really drags me to look through 20 emails a session just to catch up. I actually resigned for awhile because I couldn't take it.
I wouldn't mind having a bull board, not to force membership or reduce the postings, nor just to stay current with technology, but if I could have a little control over when I would be pinged (i.e. more modern features) I would be Grateful. If that would include a more elegantly searchable archive, now, hmmmmm... that could tempt me.

Change or even hints of change always brings resistance, but as long as we are willing to look at opportunities then we have a chance to survive. I say poke 'em a bit to see if they are at Least as good as what we have, and then, if they are (or better), and cause no harm, then.... why not? Not saying bull boards are the answer - I don't know - am rather behind the times myself. I'm just willing to look.

Trying to simplify my life,
Barbara Rosholdt
Z7 central Virginia
this is the other karen agreeing with these sentiments.... i like the chatter coming to me.
karen

karen tillou
oregon city, OR - zone 8a and wet