nafex - Re: [NAFEX] electronic and membership discussion

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] electronic and membership discussion
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:20:56 -0500

On Feb 13, 2008, at 7:23 AM, Regina M. Kreger wrote:

The e-copy could take the form of an e-mail with "teasers" linked to the full-text articles on the Web.  The e-mail would be forwardable, but access to the full articles would require membership & password.

The line "the email would be forwardable" reminds me that individual email addresses should be either removed or disguised in any e-form, so as not to be easily harvestable by spammers. Probably individuals should have the option whether to have their addresses not shown at all, or shown in a form easily recognizable to other individual humans but not by search engines (as, for example,
organic101 at linkny you-know-what-to-put-here com )