nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jerry's wisdom

  • From: "Regina M. Kreger" <regina@kreger.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jerry's wisdom
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:23:03 -0500

The e-copy could take the form of an e-mail with "teasers" linked to the full-text articles on the Web.  The e-mail would be forwardable, but access to the full articles would require membership & password.

Anton Callaway wrote:
NAFEX's mission is definitely educational.  It is clearly spelled out in our founding documents & it was a key reason we were granted 501c3 status.

That said, education takes many forms and certainly active plant culture and improvement is an essential part of our credentials (as a group) to perform this mission.

As far as the hardcopy vs. e-copy...
I can see both sides.  Certainly it is easier to control distribution to paying members in hardcopy form.  On the other hand, CRFG offers an e-option.  Maybe they have some ideas about how to make that work.  It would make some types of information easier to distribute (such as high-def color photos).

Regards,

Anton
Finally getting some rain!