nafex - [NAFEX] root invasion in septic systems

  • From: "kieran or donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] root invasion in septic systems
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:33:48 -0500

Someone I correspond with in Virginia wrote that they had a couple of apple
trees in their yard that made the biggest, most perfect, best tasting apples
that they or any of the neighbors had ever grown or seen grown by amateurs.
This went on for about 10 years, and then they discovered they had a leak in
their line to the sewer. After the line was replaced, the trees stopped
producing magnificent crops. Seems to me that the moral of the story is
that there should be some way to accidently on purpose have leaks in your
sewer lines where they'll do the most good. Donna