nafex - Re: [NAFEX] root invasion in septic systems

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] root invasion in septic systems
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 06:59:07 -0400

On Jun 15, 2006, at 6:32 AM, Thomas Olenio wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:33:48 -0400, kieran or donna
<redherring@tnaccess.com> wrote:

Seems to me that the moral of the story isthat there should be some way
to accidentlyon purpose have leaks in your
sewer lines where they'll do the most good. Donna

Donna,

There are farmers who use sewer sludge all the time. I prefer not to eat
from those fields.

You cannot imagine the smell when sewer sludge is sprayed on fields.
Strong enough to make you wretch.

Liquid manure (from barns) smells sweet in comparison.

I have a friend who uses liquid manure from the farm's dairy barn, storage
tanks on his wife's flower beds. He sears by it.

Tom

Then there's hog manure. Wow, that stuff stinks. It is routinely used on fields in Denmark.

Ginda