nafex - Re: [NAFEX] yellowhorn enthusiasts?

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] yellowhorn enthusiasts?
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:51:33 -0700

I know they’re to be roasted before eating, if you want them to taste good.

 As I know nothing about roasting them specifically, you might try this general method:  Roast in an oven at 275 degrees, check at 10 minutes, then every five minutes thereafter.  Take out a few from each timing, and see which timing gives you the best flavor.

That is, if you have any.  If you’re just starting to grow them, this whole process will take much longer…

They’re on my list of wanted plants, so I’d like to hear any experiences myself.

Stephen