nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chestnut pollen allergies?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chestnut pollen allergies?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:41:07 -0700

I don't have an actual allergy to chestnut pollen, nor does my oldest son, who does have serious grass pollen allergy. HOWEVER, I find the SMELL of chestnuts in bloom to be the most vile, nauseating smells this side of a carrion lily, and I can smell the trees several hundred feet away. My son has no trouble with being allergic to the chestnut pollen either, but even he thinks it is really unpleasant, and he handles reptiles and amphibians with some pretty rank smells.
-Lon Rombough