nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rose hip exploring

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rose hip exploring
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:26:49 -0500

Yes, just as you eat the chamber that holds apple seeds.

Ginda

On Dec 18, 2003, at 7:51 PM, Tom Olenio wrote:

Hi,

So rose hips are the seed pod that develops after flowering.  So in effect are you eating rose seeds, or at least the chamber that forms the seeds?

Later,
Tom

 Rose hips are the fruit of the rose plant.  Depending of the species, they range from the size of peas to cherry tomato size.  A few varieties have hips that are delicious when made into jam or soup, or sometimes nibble right of the bush.  These hips are a good source of vitamin C.  If you have a rose bush, don't pick the flowers and you will see the hips form.-Mark Lee, Seattle