nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rose hip exploring

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: <machelp@attglobal.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rose hip exploring
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:59:26 -0800

Charlie,
The list you provided might be for the use of traditional rose breeders.
They look for reliable hip producers so they can more easily make their
hybrid roses. Crossing just any old roses may not produce seed, but if you
start with at least one of them being a good parent of previous crosses then
your chances of success will probably increase. I could be wrong, but the
roses you list are probably used in production of new kinds of blooms, not
for eating.
-Mark Lee, Seattle