nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rose hip exploring

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "Mike Levine" <crunchy@oldweb.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rose hip exploring
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:45:01 -0800

Mike,
I have been researching rose hips as a fruit for the past year. I have
never run across such a description of how they taste. Too bad you don't
remember anymore of the details. Do you remember if this this peach
flavored hip was fermented. It could be that this unique flavor was a
result of fermentation. Most rose hips used to make jam are the species
Rosa canina, the dog rose. Rosa rugosa is another rose often planted as an
edible lanscaping plant.
-Mark Lee, Seattle