market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Yellow [and purple] Carrot Recommendations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Yellow [and purple] Carrot Recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:28:35 -0500

On Nov 14, 2010, at 11:27 PM, Jay Sleichter wrote:

I am making plans for next year and want to add some yellow, purple and red carrots to the mix. I have been really successful with Nelson, Mokum, and YaYa orange carrots. Any recommendations on varieties would be great.

Purple Dragon does well for me. On the other hand, Nelson types don't; so I'm not sure how useful my info is to you. (What else does well here is Red Cored Chantenay and the usually unavailable Scarlet Keeper.)