market-farming - [Market-farming] Yellow Carrot Recommendations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Yellow Carrot Recommendations
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 20:27:01 -0800 (PST)

On the request of one of our kids, they saw yellow carrots and wanted to try them. I ordered Amarillo from Bakers Creek.  It was the last place I ordered from. I am happy with the color and flavor, but they haven't been real consistent on size.  I have taken them to the last two markets and I sold out both weeks.  I am making plans for next year and want to add some yellow, purple and red carrots to the mix.  I have been really successful with Nelson, Mokum, and YaYa orange carrots.   Any recommendations on varieties would be great.

I am planning on seeding these carrots in my high tunnel in February/March with hopes of selling carrots in early May.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com