market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market vehicle & load weight for the market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market vehicle & load weight for the market
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 12:53:37 +0000

And, we went another way also. We had a 2 axle, 16 ft flat bed trailer that
belonged to my Dad, but stayed here for hauling hay out of the field, etc.
We added bolt-on cattle sides for the occasional hauling of cattle to the
processor. One day, we looked at it and thought, hmmm, a tarp and we have a
covered trailer. So, that's what we did. A tarp lasts a full season, we
install It using cable ties. And, like John said, it's great to be able to
leave all the tables, ez-ups, and other staging on it at all times. Saves a
lot of time on Friday evening. And was REALLY cheap to implement. We may
someday come across a deal on an enclosed trailer and buy it, but for now,
this works well.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

Sent from my iPad