market-farming - [Market-farming] Market vehicle & load weight for the market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jimi Demetriou <jimi.demetriou AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Market vehicle & load weight for the market
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 14:04:05 -0400

I'm in the market for a new market vehicle for next season. I am wondering if anyone knows how much weight they haul to the market. What should I expect for a loaded trailer (200lb trailer, tables and boxes and ~3 acres of veggies under cultivation) during the high seasons? I know the question is quite vague, just want to reassure myself; Trying to avoid anything more then a 4cyl.

Thanks,

Jimi
Friends of Garcia Farm
Ovid, NY