market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rodents in High Tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rodents in High Tunnels
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:28:26 -0500

For the last 2 years I have had mice in the greenhouse and traps have done OK. Not great - I have lost trays of large seeded vegetables like squash when the mice come out and eat the seeds right out of the tray. I had mice in the hoophouses last year and they decimated an early season pea planting. This winter I'm keeping cats out by the hoophouses and have my fingers crossed that the cats will keep the populations in check.

Andy

Danielle Conger wrote:
Hello All,

I'm relatively new to the list. I have a small CSA and homestead in Northwestern Maryland.

I'm wondering if folks have had problems with rodents in their high tunnels, particularly in the winter months, and what kinds of controls you've used.

Thanks so much!