market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Got Hope??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Got Hope??
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:08:36 -0600

Gary,
I am sending empathy and guardian angels your way.  But consider this...you have chosen a terribly difficult path for a fellow with four children  who lives far from town and although you don't think so, 33 is quite young for all that responsibility.  Growing on four children, these days, becomes a difficult path no matter what you do for a living, and farming...at any level...is a tremendous act of faith and an exercise in putting one foot in front of the other whilst never being sure that there is any solid ground to put a foot down on.
You have, by your actions, determined already the priorities of the next two decades of your life....those four children.  As long as you choose farming to almost but not quite make a living, you will also choose uncertainty as a lifestyle.
On the other hand, every thing will seem fine by the end of May.....

Shawnee, been there; bought the T-shirt; zone 5