market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mower Troubles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mark A Abner <wizard1 AT kih.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mower Troubles
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:36:48 -0400

Allan
if gas is runing all the time either the float isnt floating or the
needle valve isnt seating right. You can get parts to rebuild these
carbs they are pretty simple the jets and needle valve seats just screw
in and out. or you should be able to get a new carb from a briggs dealer
for around 40 bucks. But being a tight wad : ) I allways take it apart
and fix it. The carbs on Tecumpsah engines are even worse about guming
up if my old tiller sets more than a week without being started I have
to flush out the plat bowl and blow out the needle valve seat.
Probably the best solution long term would be once you ahe the carb
fixed or replaces get some fuel stablizer like they recoment for things
like emergency generators that set with fuel in them long term and add
this to you mower and tiller fuel.

Mark