market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mower Troubles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marc" <gershom_ivri AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mower Troubles
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 23:43:07 -0600

I assume carb air inlet is where the gas was poured.

Your symptoms could be fuel tank outlet or fuel valve or hose or fuel filter
or carb inlet blockage. Bugs are very adept at this.

Also the needle valve may be cemented by deposits in the closed position but
this is not very common in my experience. They usually leak and need to be
replaced to stop draining the gas tank if the fuel valve is left on.

Almost all of the float style carbs I've dealt with get build up in the
various internal passages that blocks them off.

It is usually a whitish to light brown solid stuff and needs to be removed.
Sometimes it takes several good carb soaks in a commercial carb cleaner and
wash out then repeat. Drilling passages out can mess up the carb if any
metal is nicked or passages enlarged.

I use a digital camera, notebook and a general small engine manual to keep
my forgetfullness to a minimum during dissasembly.

If you have some spare bucks renewal parts are usually pretty reasonable.

mn