market-farming - [Market-farming] was Mower now weedwhacker Troubles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] was Mower now weedwhacker Troubles
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:26:15 -0400

Keeping it up until Liz whacks me:

I've got a Husqe 322 weedwhacker that won't start for the first time this season.

This time there is fuel and a new plug. There is no fire to the plug. The 'on/off' switch tests good with the continuity tester. No spark from the plug

I notice two rectangles of rust on the 'flywheel.' I seem to recall that these s.b. shiny and work with the timing. Of course, I may also be imaging this.

Any ideas on what the next step of trouble shooting the spark w.b.? (replace the coil?)

Do they make repair manuals on these things?

Here's the problem: I took my chainsaw into the shop for a tuneup 3 wks ago and find that it is still not done today and not expected to be done for a couple of weeks! Besides the horrendous price of shop repairs (even in WV!), I'm going to have to fix my own stuff just to save time!

Thanks _Allan