market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mower Troubles - Interlock

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mower Troubles - Interlock
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 06:49:25 -0400

While I'm at it, how do I override the 'interlock relay' for testing purposes? This machine requires that someone is sitting on the seat in order to start the machine. There's a coupling just below the seat. When I unplug that coupling, the machine still will not start. Of course, I expect that I have other starter-related problems that keep the starter from turning with the key (works fine with 12v stuck right to it). I just want to make sure that this interlock is not what's keeping the starter from turning during testing. unplug? unplug and bridge the terminals? put my dog on the seat? Unfortunately, the key-start doesn't work with any of those in place. Just want to eliminate it as a problem.

Thanks -Allan