market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] was Mower now weedwhacker Troubles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <JayGee AT jghelp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] was Mower now weedwhacker Troubles
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:22:20 -0700 (PDT)

Allan,

Check for any loose wires coming from the magneto
to the spark coil. Your unit is probably transistorized
so there may be no coil. Spark plug wires frequently
croak on tools like weed whackers.

Take a rubber pencil eraser or eraser pencil and
remove the rust and polish any visible points where
brushes might make contact to create a contact.

If the unit is older, the brushes may have worn out.

Another option is a dry fuel line which may require
repeated turnovers to get fuel down to the carb
or a stuck carburetor float needle. To alleviate
the former, yank the plug and crank it over until
you smell gas. If you don't get to the point where
you smell gas, tap the carburetor lightly with a
small plastic hammer or the wooden or plastic
handle of a medium sized screw driver.

BTW, did you lubricate the drive shaft?

Tech and trouble shooting manuals might be
found at the husquevarna web site.

Good luck,

Jay Gee