market-farming - [Market-farming] Jersey Golden Acorn squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roger Weeks <rjweeks70 AT comcast.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Jersey Golden Acorn squash
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:43:50 -0700

I have been trying for some time now to locate seeds for this squash. My mother used to grow it and reports she can't find the seeds anymore either. It was my favorite squash - actually the only one I would eat as a child.

I've been told that "Table Gold" is a similar variety, and I'm growing some this year to see.

I've checked with Seed Savers Exchange and other seed organizations, and while Google returns a lot of documents from various state ag agencies saying that Jersey Golden Acorn is a good squash to plant, I can't seem to locate any seed.

Any help appreciated.

Roger Weeks