market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] cooking in France

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT bcn.net>
  • To: "'Jay Gee'" <jaygee AT jghelp.com>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] cooking in France
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:22:53 -0500

Hi Jay,

My experience is that Europeans do not focus attention on their food at
the expense of anything else. I have observed they derive more enjoyment
from most of life, not just food, than
> the average US citizen[who] wants to do more than spend
> a great deal of time thinking about food ,.
However their food is just more interesting [eg 500 valley specific
cheeses in an area the size of New England ] and they believe in
enjoying it.
It should be pointed out that it takes no more time to make a good meal
from high quality produce than from the dross that is generally offered
in the American market.

David A. Inglis
Mahaiwe Harvest C.S.A.