market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cooking in France

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cooking in France
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:35:48 -0500

Keep in mind that the EU has a very heavily subsidized agriculture.
According to Am.Vegetable grower magazine the EU supports fruit vegetable
and vineyard crop farmers up to $11 billion dollars a year. In the USA
fruits and vegetables are called minor crops and receive next to nothing in
support, we have to get down on our knees and beg for assistance. Take away
the subsidy and the diets of the French may end up looking like the USA.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.