market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cooking in France

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cooking in France
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:32:57 -0500

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:11:07 -0600, you wrote:

>>> And all the French are slim and enjoy their food immensely.
>>

>Perhaps they enjoy "balance" in their life.

For starters, on average, I bet they walk a lot more than
Americans - to the grocery, to the butcher, etc.

Plus of course they have (on average) considerably fewer
working hours per week than Americans and much more vacation
time. (I don't have URLs at hand to prove these and I don't
have time to go searching for them either, but they're out
there. These are true statements.)

So I think these factors would indeed tend towards a more
balanced life.

Pat