market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cooking in France

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cooking in France
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:38:38 -0500

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:38:52 -0600, you wrote:

>Brigette,
>
>in the past, we have had printed recipes - especially for more unique items
>such as eggplant, red russian kale, swiss chard, etc. We plan to continue
>that. Growing for Market has a great book that has veggie recipes that are
>printed in such a way as to allow reproducing on recipe card stock.
>http://www.growingformarket.com/ click on publications, then books. Title
>is
>Farm-Fresh Recipes. Now, if they were just available on CD!

This could be done. Since they give express permission to
copy and use the recipes, I think it would be OK to do it
too.

All you'd need would be a scanner and a CD-burner. We have
both.

I've got my hands more than full at the moment (income
taxes, a small paying job that's time critical, spring
gardening).

But if someone wants to remind me later in the season, say,
July or August, I could buy the book and do it if I think
there's enough interest. Or someone who owns the book could
send it to me and I'd copy it to CD, and send the book back.

I'd do it if 5 or 6 people said they'd pay $10 each for the
CD, or if 10 or 12 people said they'd pay $5 each.

I would like to volunteer to do it for free, but I really
cannot: my time has to bring in money or save money
(growing veggies, cooking, etc.) because we really need the
income.

Maybe someone else would volunteer to do it for free?

Pat