market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cooking in France

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cooking in France
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:31:22 EST

In a message dated 3/29/04 9:30:14 AM Central Standard Time, pat AT meadows.pair.com writes:

For starters, on average, I bet they walk a lot more than
Americans - to the grocery, to the butcher, etc.

I have a nephew that lives in Norway, because of the price of gas and just because everyone does it, if it is under 3 miles to were you are going they just walk, and I think this is true in a lot of the European countries, it sure was true when I was stationed in Europe in the service, they just use other types of transportation.  A bicycle was all we needed over there to get around, and if we wanted to go for a road trip we would rent scooters to get around on.  Fun way to see a country.

Phil