market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pricing produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "James H. Corey" <1corey AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pricing produce
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:55:16 -0500

I have to agree with Robert.  I have spent almost my entire life on my farm (I took a few years off to make a six figure income with a large corporation just like Liz), but I came back to it because it is where my heart is.  However, there have been many years where we have had negative incomes - as much as $25,000 one year, and like Robert said, rain happens, drought happens - things happen - you have to be prepared to have those years, you will have them.  I feel that you already understand the rewards of farming, all everyone here is trying to say is just be prepared for the risks you face as well.  Planning for the lower number is smart, and then when/if you make more - rejoice!

Rose Hill Plantation
Pam Corey

robert schuler wrote:

 always bet your money on the lowest number..., the best laid plans can run amuck...