market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pricing produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pricing produce
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:56:43 -0500

Ok, should I be the pit bull I want to be and continue this debate or let it
die a natural death?? I'll do the right thing <I hear a collective sigh from
the list ; )) >

Matt, go back and read my posts. For the life of me I don't see shocking in
any of them. I read nothing but support for your ventures. Please point
out my misunderstanding in a private email if you so care.

As for poetry and art in farming, I do appreciate them. In fact, I write
about them all the time in private newsletters to family & friends. It is
part of the reason I left the comfort of 6 figure income to barely making
ends meet, to being one crop away from homelessness. It's the poetry and
art that feeds my soul, but it's the reality of crops brought to harvest
that feed my face. Farming has this annoying tendency to appear wrapped in
romance but when uncovered hides a harsh reality. I walk that fine balance
every hour of my day...grasping for the romance so the reality doesn't bite
me in the butt. Farming is art. And science. And religion and philosophy.

Let's just call a truce.

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC