market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] small tillers vs hoe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "somersfarm" <somersfarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] small tillers vs hoe
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 13:25:25 -0400

I have a Honda tiller which is just like the Mantis. I have planned my
garden with 2 foot wide walkways between beds it is just wide enough for
this type of tiller and I use it a lot. You can get up close to plants
providing you have no stones, which sometimes cause these small tillers to
jump. I have sliced up a few drip lines before. Not a fun thing to do. We
also have a wonderful hoe from Johnny's that you just use under the soil
line to slice weeds off. I like that a lot also. I would not be with out
my small tiller or my hoe. They each have their place.

Kathy in VT