market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Another new member

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Another new member
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:21:13 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/2003 8:18:23 AM Central Daylight Time, mayapplefarm AT yahoo.com writes:
We farm or manage close to 100 acres, producing
vegetables, grass and alfalfa hay, a small amount of
tobacco, and a flock of registered Shetland sheep.

Welcome Kevin,
You sound very diversified!  I noted that you grow tobacco.  We have planted just a couple of rows to see if it will grow here in east TX. and we grow organic.  We think that the really harmful part of cigarettes is the pesticide.  Only problem is, how do we turn a plant into smoking tobacco?  We know almost nothing.  Can you point us to some info?  Would really appreciate some help.
Thanks
Wendy
Akin Farm