market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] small tillers vs hoe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'somersfarm'" <somersfarm AT kingcon.com>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] small tillers vs hoe
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:42:24 -0500

Regards to the list:

Hi Kathy in Vermont: Which hoe do you have from Johnny's? I've been
looking at them in the catalog but don't know which one to get. The
Mantis tiller costs $299. Is the Honda about that too? I am thinking
Troy Bilt makes a small tiller too. Meanwhile, I am hobbling along with
my cheap hoe, getting big blisters on my hands. However, I AM killing
those weeds while they're small and that's the important thing. We
don't have rocks in our soil - well just a few pebbles maybe. It's got
lots of sand in it in places though.

We are on a crusade to empty the hoop house and get all the plants into
the ground. The habanero pepper seedlings are still a little small, but
we're planting them anyway.

I picked about 10 gallons of peas this morning - ate quite a few of them
as I picked. Made me think about Tennessee Ernie Ford.

My farmer tan keeps getting deeper even with sunscreen.

The sweet clover around here is in bloom and the new bees have stained
the entrance to the hive a beautiful yellow. We haven't opened the hive
since they were installed, but it looks like everything is going well.

Marie in Missouri

I have a Honda tiller which is just like the Mantis.

Kathy in VT