market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] small tillers vs hoe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Franklin W. Davis" <Parsons2 AT attbi.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] small tillers vs hoe
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:18:13 -0400

Hi Marie...I have a Mantis and find it works good between rows...but it digs
in fast so ya need to get used to it. It ain't to hvy to use...but the two
cycle engine can get on yer nerves after awhile...and cos ya need to mix oil
with gas the smell can get to ya too...:-) Don't think I would use it
between plants in the row...as it will move in the direction of tilt. I use
a hoe between plants in the row. The trick with hoin' is not to let the
weeds get very big....the bigger they are the more energy it takes to root
um out. Try one of the new hoes if ya want...but as I said...gettin' the
weeds small is the trick. And keepin' it sharp helps alot. franklin