market-farming - [Market-farming] new member

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Chuck Evans" <mongotrout AT mchsi.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] new member
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:58:41 -0500

Hello.  My name is Chuck Evans and I live in Miller, MO with my wife Mona.  We recently moved here from Phoenix AZ, and have just 5 acres.  I haven't got a real plan for it yet.  So far we just have a small large garden to supply ourselves with veggies.  We also have one heifer calf, that we plan to keep and have bred when she gets old enough.  Then we will raise her calf for meat if it's a bull calf, and sell it to buy a steer if it's a heifer.  My pasture will support 3-4 head while the grass is growing, so I have been thinking about adding a few to raise and market them when the time comes.

So far the list has been interesting, and I see already that there is a lot I can learn from the rest of the members.

Thanks,

Chuck