market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] rain

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] rain
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:27:03 -0400

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:54:49 -0400, you wrote:

>Forage crops that normally have up to 25% sugar and below 10% cows are
>unhappy
>too.
>Heavy rains last night came just in time to loosen soil so the pumpkins and
>squash can break through.
>Personally I think this will be a good year. for anybody who doesn't have to
>punch a time clock its always a good year..Bob.

It's going to have to get to be a good year PDQ for us.
We're racing the clock now: first frost date here is the
first week in October.

If the summer things can't be planted soon (eggplants, pole
beans, cukes, etc.), there won't be any time for them to
mature.

Pat (northern PA, in the Appalachian Mountains,
theoretically Zone 5, but with a microclimate much more like
Zone 4)