market-farming - [Market-farming] New member

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Deepak Patil <patild AT cmguc.com>
  • To: <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] New member
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:10:02 -0400

Hi All,

I'm a new member, I learnt about this list through Johnny's catalog. I'm
a Software Professional (so far) and has been working in that industry
for past 15 years. I'm located in suburban Richmond, VA. I'm also a
home gardner for past 4 years, and have been growing vegetables for home
use. Last year I had approx 1000 sq. ft. garden, and this year I've
cultivated approx 2000 sq. ft.

My goal for this year is "To harvest something every week - even in the
middle of winter". I've been planning and working on it since Fall last
year. In addition to the cultivated space, I've made three cold frames
4ft x 4ft size, and experimenting (and learning a lot) with them.

Some day I intend to buy larger land, and cultiate it for vegetables (on
a larger scale). So far I haven't got the nerves to do so, but joining
this list is a step in that direction.

You are welcome to see what's 'In Our Yard' here ->
http://www.employees.org/~patild/ (look under 'In Our Yard' section)

- Deepak Patil.
Zone 7, Richmond VA.