market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sun Gold's...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sun Gold's...
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:32:51 EDT

I picked the first few Sungolds today - we also have grown them for several years and everybody loves them.  They're in big towers right near the building and we encourage "grazing".  Nothing like lemon boy, these are tiny and bursting with sweet flavor.

Did you know that if you should happen to have some extras you can dry them in a dehydrator for "tomato raisins".  make one prick so they don't puff up.  These are wonderful in bread.  Think of cinnamon swirl bread with raisins and then translate that to pesto and tomato.
Wendy Akin
Windchaser Farm