market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Web site changes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Web site changes
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:26:30 -0500

Wow, y'all would start discussing websites when our DSL has slowed to
35k....

Rick, your site is much improved over the old one, good job! A bit of
grammar correction is needed on the front page however, last sentence "We
also sell produce too!"....using also & too is redundant...

As far as what file format to make available on your site, assuming
customers who view your site have Word or access to a program that can read
.docs is a wrong assumption. The burden of ease of use is in your hands,
not theirs. You're making your customers (if that's who your aiming your
website for) carry the burden to read whatever it is you're offering.

Of course, sharing files between collegues is easier when everyone has the
same format--I agree, but out on the web, it's your job to make your files
accessible to your customers (if that's your goal), which is why Jay Gee
recommended Acrobat. Acrobat is free as a reader. Sure, offer files in
Word, but include as many other formats as possible also.

jmho

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC