market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Web site changes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Web site changes
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:14:18 -0800 (PST)

Rick Williams wrote:

>Since brochures have been a subject of interest lately, what some of us
>could do is to place a copy of the brochure source file on the web site and
>accessed via a simple url. This would mainly be placed there for market

>We have our brochure in Word 2000 but maybe that is not useful to everyone.

This is not recommended practice.

If you are going to post non-HTML
documents to your web site, use
Adobe Acrobat or plain text (*.txt).

The HTML standards require all
compliant browsers to read plain
text documents, but not to read
M$ word documents.

Many good browsers will not open
.doc URLs in a fashion that is usable
to the viewer.

Worth mentioning.

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming