market-farming - [Market-farming] Web site changes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Marketfarming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Web site changes
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:16:54 -0600

I have been working on our web site and have made a few changes and in
particular included a produce shot on the home page. And I removed our logo
since we took a picture of our new sign (even includes the "open" flag), and
since the engraved sign has the logo on it, I figured this would suffice.

Also, the little girl with the pumpkin has an additional picture in the
picture section under the farm pics area. In fact, right now it is the only
pic in that section. It is a thumbnail, as we have on other picture
sections, so just click on it and it will expand. It is a small size file
but a low res jpeg file. I am doing this intentionally so it will be less
likely to be stolen. So there will be some jagglies. As it is you will
likely have to scroll around the picture since it is fairly large.

Comments?

Since brochures have been a subject of interest lately, what some of us
could do is to place a copy of the brochure source file on the web site and
accessed via a simple url. This would mainly be placed there for market
farming members to click on since only they would know what it was.

We have our brochure in Word 2000 but maybe that is not useful to everyone.
If there is interest in putting the file on the site, let us know and those
of us who want to do it and who have web sites can make it available. I
always like to look at how others have their brochures laid out and have a
modest collection of anything fairly local.

The web site is a reflection of the brochure and has some of the same
material.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm