market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Jay Gee's ideal farm marketing approach and web site

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Jay Gee's ideal farm marketing approach and web site
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:00:39 -0500

Rick W.,

Thanks for pointing out that the emperor has no clothes! Most of us on this
list are signed on under our REAL names and aren't paranoid enough to feel the
need for anonymity. And most of us include our business name (& other info)
in
our siglines.

So, Jay Gee, who are you and what is your business and/or training- that makes
your time worth $250/hour? Now, THAT would be some good info- I may switch
careers. :>)

All seriousness aside, I will listen to someone who is straightforward and
honest and who I know has experience in the field in which I'm seeking info
(not
just theoretical book larnin'). So, I think there is a vast wealth of
knowledge
out there among successful farmers on all aspects of marketing everything we
produce. Maybe some of you can kick in some advice from your successes as
Rick
W. has.

Or you can hire an expert consultant. And who is that, you may ask? From a
definition of an expert from a friend and my definition of a consultant:
- An expert is anyone with a leather briefcase from out of town.
- A consultant is someone you pay big bucks to and then ignore their advice.

--
Alex McGregor
Walden Farm